I get home to the news that I have been nominated for an award and to be honest, that barely ever happens so I practically fell off my chair. Thank you so much, Andrea from The Book Heap for nominating me — I’m glad I was thought of!
The rules of this award are:
- You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- You must list the rules and display the award.
- You must add 7 facts about yourself.
- You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven facts about me
If you are at all interested in seven facts about me, I just have one question: why? I’m a total weirdo, so I hope you enjoy the following completely random and probably-uneventful-for-the-progress-of-your-life facts:
- I am a gamer, I’ve been gaming since I was six years old and I am a true Nintendo girl. My love for gaming started with The Legend of Zelda series, moved on to games like Pokémon, Harvest Moon and Final Fantasy and is now just a giant mix of perpetual chaos.
- I am writing a Young Adult/New Adult book (not the sexy type) for which I’ve written 69,000 words for so far. It’s taken me a while because in between I’ve had laptops crash (and right now I’m dealing with another one, which has put a low point in my writing) and going through exams while making young adults go through a giant mix of terror does not go well together.
- I love reading (bet you didn’t see that one coming!). My reading obsession started with Harry Potter, as it did for so many others. My mother read Harry Potter to me, until I eventually felt like ‘a big girl’ and wanted to read them myself. I love YA, fantasy books, dystopian and historical (non) fiction.
- My favourite colour is yellow.
- I am a huge history lover, my favorite part of history has to be the Plantagenet and Tudor era of British history — I will read anything, watch anything, devour anything related to it. The same goes for anything Ancient Egypt.
- I love going to the cinema by myself. Yeah, I really do.
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, I have to go ahead and tag fifteen people (FIFTEEN?) and since I always struggle with ten, this should be fun.
- Missie (A Flurry of Ponderings)
- Lizzy (My Little Book Blog)
- Alison (Hardcover and Heroines)
- Alysha (Alysha Kaye)
- Lauren (Wake Up Your Luck)
- Genevieve (Mrs. H Bookworm)
- Emily (Books & Cleverness)
- Jirrine (Jirrine Reads, fellow Dutchie!)
- Ruby (Ruby Manuela)
- Lola (Hit or Miss Books)
- Joey (Another Afterthought)
- Chelsea (Books for Thought)
- Benjamin (Benjamin Sebastiaan)
Look, I got to fifteen! Look!
If any of you have already been nominated for this (and you probably have, because you’re all lovely), then please ignore me, cool!
Thanks again to Andrea for nominating me (you crazy woman) and thanks for reading if you’ve made it to the end 🙂